Welcome to the PRSA Portland Metro Chapter Job Center
We are proud to serve our communications professionals and the organizations who want to hire the best and brightest in our region.
To submit information about a position in your organization, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include a brief position description, a telephone number and/or email address for applicants to contact, a web link to guide candidates to additional information and a closing date for the position. Please also include your contact information.
Director of Marketing – National Psoriasis Foundation
National Psoriasis Foundation is a non-profit dedicated to finding a cure for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Headquartered in Portland, Ore., the Psoriasis Foundation is seeking an experienced Director of Marketing. Position is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing and public relations strategies to advance the organization’s goals and mission.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, PR or related field, seven to ten years’ experience in a management role either in-house or with an agency, excellent writing and editing experience, supervisory management experience, and proven skills in leadership and in managing a successful, comprehensive, strategic marketing program. Please forward a cover letter and your resume to: Attn. Human Resources, National Psoriasis Foundation, 6600 SW 92nd Ave, Suite 300, Portland, OR 97223, Fax (503) 245-0626, E-mail email@example.com
Job Description: https://www.psoriasis.org/careers/director-of-marketing
Oregon Dairy Products Commission – Senior Director of Communications
The Oregon Dairy Products Commission is seeking a dynamic, seasoned professional to join our team to lead a comprehensive communications initiative on behalf of Oregon’s dairy farm families and dairy processing community. In this newly created role, the selected individual will develop and implement the Commission’s overall strategic communications plan within five key areas: internal and external messaging, media relations, industry relations, issues and crisis management; and a Consumer Confidence initiative
This is a senior management position and reports to the Executive Director. The Sr. Director of Communications supervises staff as assigned.
* Preferred candidates will have 10 years’ experience in any combination of news reporting, journalism, and/or public relations experience.
* Degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or business administration is desirable. Master’s degree a plus.
* Ability to accommodate overnight business travel, and work occasional evenings and weekends.
Position Salary Range: $87,000 – $97,000
Visit www.dairyfarmersor.com for a full position description. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Send cover letter and resume to:
Sr. Director of Communications Recruitment
Oregon Dairy Products Commission
10505 SW Barbur Blvd.
Portland, OR 97219
Applications may be submitted via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). No phone calls or faxes, please.
We offer a complete benefits package, which includes: health, vision, and dental insurance. You will also be eligible for annual paid holidays, paid vacation days, paid personal days, paid sick leave and Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) benefits.
Qualified candidates selected for an interview may be required to provide three personal references.
Mobility Public Relations – Sr. Account Executive
If you love cool new technologies and innovative services, then Mobility Public Relations (www.mobilitypr.com) is the place to work. MoPR is growing our roster of clients on the cutting edge of mobility technology and we need smart and talented people to join our team.
Our ideal candidate has:
BA or BS degree in a related field
4 – 6 years experience in PR; at least 2 in high-tech
Strong writing and editing skills
Experience and comfort pitching media by phone
Great organizational skills
Great client relations skills
Sense of humor is a bonus
Media and analyst relations
Writing press releases, contributed articles, case studies
Arranging press tours and events
Becoming an expert in your field
Having fun while working hard
Mobility Public Relations is a results-oriented agency. We want to hire people who want to become leaders in the PR trade and experts in the technologies they represent. We’re looking for people for our Lake Oswego offices. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages and a commitment to help you grow professionally. All we ask in exchange is that you bring your A-Game for your clients. To apply send your resume, writing samples, references and salary requirement to email@example.com.
McKay Sposito – Digital Communications Specialist
This role will require you to be a Digital Communication Specialist—Coordinate and manage Digital Communication projects. Increase lead generation through inbound marketing initiatives. Facilitate and maintain the company website.
* Partner with Market Sector leaders to ensure appropriate multi-channel messaging
* Prepare reports to update internal staff on usage statistics
* Track and analyze social media engagement metrics
* Grow the company’s social media presence while keeping the MSi brand standards
* Support leadership team with communications including company-wide meetings, PowerPoint presentations, monthly and quarterly reports, etc.
* Contribute to the overall development of the company’s marketing and communication plan
* Manage photography and videography, including database management
* Provide recommendations and support implementation for employee communication channels
* Update and maintain prospect and existing client market lists
* Increase lead generation through inbound marketing initiatives
* Maximize HubSpot to drive leads and report inbound marketing performance
* Facilitate the ongoing design and content management for the MSI website, online publications and digital marketing strategies
* Maintain general understanding of regulatory issues
Who You Are
* Candidates must have 1-2 yrs. Experience in marketing or digital communications
* Proficiency with HubSpot and Salesforce is strongly preferred
* Knowledge and experience utilizing the Expression Engine website platform
* Corporate communications experience is beneficial
* Intermediate to advanced skills with word processing, presentation, (Microsoft Office, InDesign, Adobe, etc.) Advanced InDesign/Photoshop skills highly desirable
* Project Management, Time Management, Detailed Organizations skills
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to maintain composure while under pressure
* Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Communications ,Digital Technology, Marketing, communication, journalism, public relations or a related field OR equivalent in work experience
Sound like you? Then what are you waiting for! Please reply with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 23, 2014. Resumes received after that date may not be considered.
Gateway to College National Network – Communications Coordinator
Gateway to College National Network (GtCNN) is a Portland-based education nonprofit organization with partner programs in 23 states. GtCNN builds partnerships that connect K-12 and higher education institutions, conducts and shares research about serving high school dropouts and academically underprepared college students, and provides consulting services for colleges and school districts. Founded at Portland Community College, the Gateway to College program now operates at 43 colleges in partnership with over 200 school districts. More information about Gateway to College National Network is available at: www.gatewaytocollege.org
GtCNN is searching for a Communications Coordinator. The successful candidate will have a strong grasp of traditional and emerging communications techniques and technology and strong design skills. He or she will work closely with program staff and the Director of Communications and Marketing to create materials and processes that allow GtCNN to more effectively engage with a range of key stakeholders and audiences.
Gateway to College National Network receives federal grant funding, requiring a criminal background check. Candidates’ eligibility for this position is contingent on the results of the National Service Criminal History Check.
GtCNN is an equal opportunity employer and is actively seeking to increase the diversity of its workforce.
Visit our website for specific job requirements and how to apply: http://gatewaytocollege.org/pdf/GtCNN_Communications_Coordinator.pdf
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS – ARCHDIOCESE OF PORTLAND IN OREGON
The Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon is searching for a Director of Communications. The Director of Communications assists in development and implementation of external communications strategies and plans, and public relations through media relations and messaging to effectively convey and support the priorities of the Archbishop and the mission of the Archdiocese.
Initiates, develops, and maintains excellent relationships with traditional and online media, and responds to media inquiries in coordination with Archbishop. Serves as spokesperson as directed. Researches, writes, and edits press materials, correspondence, etc. Works with other staff members to implement consistent messaging for initiatives across all communications platforms. Coordinates communications planning for potential and actual crises.
Develops and maintains Archdiocesan website to current creative standards. Manages priorities of office staff including interns. Consultant to parishes regarding websites and communications strategies.
* Develops a strategic comprehensive communications plan, with metrics, utilizing both traditional and new media, to broaden visibility and enhance Archdiocesan goals
* Guides the strategic and consistent use of media, events, and public relations opportunities for program and development staff including developing and maintaining relationships with key media allies and partners.
* Directs the activities of the Archdiocese Resource Center, including coordination of audio and video duplication, publishing of annual Media Catalog, supervising the purchase and maintenance and upkeep of media resources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in communications or public relations or an equivalent combination of education and experience with a minimum of five to ten years’ media relations/ audio-visual production or public relations experience in a comparable position; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-described essential functions.
* Specific experience in church organizational and operations procedures or a complex, multi-unit organization (preferably nonprofit) with service orientation.
* Practicing Catholic required.
Salary Range: $69,000 – $93,000
For consideration, please email your resume and a cover letter detailing how you meet the above qualifications to email@example.com with Director of Communications in the subject line.
Intern – Colehour + Cohen
C+C’s Portland office is looking for an intern to assist with work on various accounts. C+C focuses on social impact clients and “good guy” PR. We create amazing campaigns that get results and deliver great client service. Our motto is DO GOOD WORK! In addition to executing top-notch media relations and social marketing campaigns, we also have expertise in video, creative services, social media, community and multicultural outreach, public affairs and branding.
The intern will assist with the planning, development, and execution of communications plans; coordinating account logistics; various administrative tasks; and other public relations and marketing duties as assigned. Duties will vary greatly but will include writing, research, developing media lists, and tracking media coverage.
The successful candidate will have:
· A four-year degree (or in final year of school)
· Demonstrated writing skills (yes, we will be testing you!)
· Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
· Ability to multi-task
· An understanding of basic marketing and media relations concepts
· Ability to work in a rapidly moving environment
· Flexibility and adaptability
· Detail oriented
· Problem solver
· A sense of humor
· A valid driver’s license
We are looking to hire an intern for a full time, 40-hours a week position to start in January. The position is for 3-6 months, and is paid $15 per hour. Interns seeking credit through their school’s program are also encouraged to apply.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.