Welcome to the PRSA Portland Metro Chapter Job Center
We are proud to serve our communications professionals and the organizations who want to hire the best and brightest in our region.
Post a job
To submit information about a position in your organization, contact us at email@example.com. Be sure to include a brief position description, a telephone number and/or email address for applicants to contact, and a web link to guide candidates to additional information. Please also include your contact information.
Community and Education Program Specialist – Portland General Electric (Posted Feb. 27, 2014)
If you’re passionate about making a positive impact in our community and looking for a new opportunity in an innovative and dynamic industry, consider becoming a part of our PGE team. As part of PGE’s Corporate Social Responsibility team, this position is responsible for developing and executing PGE’s community investment strategies and programs with specific emphasis on education and workforce development initiatives and partnerships.
Top candidates will typically have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Corporate Social Responsibility, Public Relations, Public Administration or similar degree.
- Eight to ten years of experience in corporate social responsibility, public relations or related field.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to convene and lead multifunctional teams.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, with confidence in public speaking.
- Knowledge of Oregon nonprofit and grant-making community, understanding of regional policy landscape and interest in current events impacting PGE’s business and operations area.
- Ability to be effective in a variety of policy arenas including education, government, social services, arts and culture, etc.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, you will need to complete our employment application. Apply online by the application deadline: March 11, 2014. If you have questions, call us at 503-464-7250 or write to Staffing@pgn.com
Public Relations Pro(s) Needed – Leary Consulting (Posted Feb. 17, 2014)
Independent PR/Marketing consulting firm looking to hire PR Specialist to handle public relations for a client in the healthcare, senior living, and lifestyle industries. This is a high-end company with a very specific message and set of goals. We’re looking for you to help edit and distribute press releases while also working with reporters and other pros on story placement and expert/executive interviews.
Most press releases and materials will be provided, but you will have input as a part of the team. Your job will be to help with media placement opportunities with media outlets, bloggers, and other industry professionals. Website structure is being put in place to support your efforts and a social media strategy is already in place and staffed to support you.
This is a very flexible position working for the agency of record for this client. You will have access to the agency’s other clients for future work if all goes well.
We are open to independent contractors or agency reps. Bring your contact base and experience.
As soon as we find the right person. We’re looking for immediate help.