Welcome to the PRSA Portland Metro Chapter Job Center
We are proud to serve our communications professionals and the organizations who want to hire the best and brightest in our region.
To submit information about a position in your organization, contact us at email@example.com. Be sure to include a brief position description, a telephone number and/or email address for applicants to contact, a web link to guide candidates to additional information and a closing date for the position. Please also include your contact information.
Job Title: Communications Director
Location: Portland, OR
Duration: Permanent, Full-time
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
The Freshwater Trust, a non-profit leader in stream and river restoration, seeks a high-energy, new-thinking communications superstar to help drive radical change in freshwater conservation. With an expanding, multi-state reach and a vision to design and execute the systemic changes necessary to fix every river in America, The Freshwater Trust is poised to rethink how freshwater environmental stories get told. From selling the dream to selling consulting clients, from engaging local partners in Portland, Oregon to showcasing our work to national foundations, the successful Communication Director candidate will develop and implement an integrated communications strategy designed to not only increase earned-revenue and philanthropy giving, but generate unprecedented national buzz about The Freshwater Trust and its work.
The Communications Director reports to the Senior Development & Communications Director and works closely with the Communications team, the Managing Director and the President. This full-time position is located in Portland, Oregon and is open until filled.
Click here for the full job description.
To apply please send cover letter, resume, writing samples, and references in a single PDF here.
Working out of our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, the Vice President of New Business Development is responsible for the development, management and implementation of all strategies related to new business development for Metropolitan Group.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
Click here for the complete job description. To apply send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples (examples include but are not limited to: press releases, case studies, articles, website content, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Search will remain open until position is filled. Preferred start date: March 15, 2015.
Portland agency Grady Britton is looking for a motivated, creative and energetic intern to join its growing public relations team. We’re known for dynamic, fun work like a viral video that makes brushing your teeth cool and a tribute to Portland that makes everyone fall in love all over again.
Our PR intern needs to understand there is no definitive line around public relations, and that reaching an audience takes many forms. During the 20 hours per week we spend time together, our intern will work with individuals from all over the agency and learn how both old-school PR and the future collide.
If we have your attention, see more details here:
Scope of Duties:
Support the PR team, from director to account managers, on agency and client related tasks. Duties include:
Application Materials & Requirements:
Salary and Hours: Commensurate with experience for 20 hours/week
Contact: Lindsay Yale, Senior PR Account Manager: email@example.com. Emails only, please.
Deadline to Apply: March 13, 2015
Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: open until filled
Industry: Public Relations
Type: Full Time
Description: Allison+Partners is looking for an experienced intern to join our growing Portland office. Our ideal candidate will have strong basic PR skills, a great work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit. He/she will need to be a quick study and have the grit to tackle any project with strategic thinking, attention to detail and enthusiasm. Great time management, professionalism and a passion for learning will be essential for this role. We expect a candidate to be focused on a long-term career in PR and excited about being a part of our growing team. This is a paid, full-time position.
If you’re a high-achiever looking for the opportunity to learn and succeed with a dynamic, international agency in the best little city in the world, we’re excited to meet you. Application Guidelines/Contact: Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher in PR, communications, journalism or related field Previous internship experience, preferably in an agency setting Available to work 40+ hrs/week
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and any writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Business Development Senior Associate – Metropolitan Group
Working out of our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, the new business development senior associate will support, coordinate and manage the proposal process; components of contract acquisition, prospect familiarization and agency positioning; and visibility initiatives, tactics and tools.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING)
• Serve as part of the team responsible for driving contract acquisition; following up with inquiries, referral opportunities and identified leads; growing existing clients; and ensuring that the agency maintains its leading position in key focus and practice areas
• Market Metropolitan Group services, including preparation and presentation of proposals, statements of qualifications, letters, marketing meetings, etc.
• Support new business development leadership in day-to-day tasks, duties and responsibilities
• Support proactive new business development (prospect research, list development, data entry, direct outreach campaigns)
• Manage agency marketing materials development and distribution
• Manage agency relationship management database and business development systems
• Provide positioning support and coordination for conferences, events, road shows and other programs
• Serve as website editor and manage content updates
• Write/draft business development and internal communication materials (copy, reports, letters, proposals and other materials)
• Support agency public relations and visibility efforts (press releases, agency mailings, e-mail campaigns, award submissions, etc.)
• Make select presentations to prospects, associations and conferences • Support efforts to pitch and close opportunities
• Serve as a member of the MG team, providing assistance with miscellaneous projects, creative brainstorming, internal projects and other duties necessary for the success of the organization
• Five-plus years of experience in an agency or internal communications position
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Demonstrated public relations experience
• Availability to travel as needed
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Have upbeat, creative and professional demeanor
• Have experience using MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, website content management systems, databases and customer relationship management systems, etc.
• Be a team player and excel at team-oriented problem solving
• Provide top-notch work quality and service to prospects and co-workers
• Demonstrate an excellent work ethic
• Support and embody the organization’s values, goals and operating principles
• Must be authorized to accept employment in the United States
Click here for the complete job description. To apply, send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples (examples include but are not limited to: press release, social media post(s), case study, article, website content, etc.) to email@example.com. Search will remain open until position is filled. Preferred start date March 25, 2015.
DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital is seeking a Communications Specialist to execute DoveLewis’ public relations and social media activities and campaigns to enhance the reputation of DoveLewis within the public eye. This position also works closely with the Marketing team to produce events, publications, blogs, donor appeals, and more. To be successful in this position, you must have stellar creative writing skills and work with a high level of attention to detail. The ability to communicate with discretion and tact is a must due to extensive contact with the media, local business people, vendors, donors, event guests, volunteers, staff, and the general public.
Required Qualifications (A suitable combination of education, industry training, and experience may substitute.)
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen required.
To apply visit our website at www.dovelewis.org/about-us/employment-opportunities/ to complete an online application and submit your resume and cover letter.
The job: As a Communications Coordinator, you’ll help identify the stories and storytellers we’ll work with to grow from a little-known-but-loved tech company to a well-known-and-loved household name. You’ll work most frequently with the Marketing, Product, Creative, and Customer Relations teams. You’ll report to our Communications lead.
The team: Communications is a team is of storytellers. We spark the interest of new customers, excite current users, and represent Simple in the ‘real world’, both on and off the internets. We leverage data to drive our strategy, but rely on heart and intuition to connect with people.
About you: You’re creative, well read, and excited about the challenge of expanding Simple’s presence through earned media, while keeping us true to our customers and core values. You’re a culturally savvy trend watcher and an engaging writer with creative flair. You’ve supported your fair share of press engagements, dabbled in events, and have a sixth sense about which stories are interesting, and which will fall flat.
What you’ll do all day:
•Consume. You’re Simple’s eyes in the sky, absorbing content and identifying creative opportunities to synthesize our product with lifestyle trends.
•Write. Assist in developing materials needed to extend Simple’s core communication strategies.
•Track. Maintain our speaking and events calendar, internal press list, and report on press coverage.
•Support. Successfully support a complex, fast-moving communications environment.
We’d like to see:
•BA or BS with outstanding academic performance
•Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in Communications/Public Relations — consumer experience strongly preferred
•Natural alignment with Simple’s mission and goals
•Experience in B2C communications; lifestyle or technology (or both!) a plus
•Creativity and the ability to develop fresh concepts for generating media coverage
•Proactive and outgoing, always seeking the next opportunity
•Proven ability to handle ambiguity and work collaboratively
•Excellent project management and organizational skills
•Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
•We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our application and retention processes, as well as our office culture.
Why Simple’s a great place to work:
•Based in Portland, Oregon– a beautiful place to live and work (or just see in the background if you work remotely).
•Competitive salary and benefits package.
•A supportive and nurturing place to work. We actively consider how we can improve employees’ quality of life–both inside and outside the office.
•Committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We actually like and respect each other.
•We give a damn about what we do, both as individual contributors and as a company on a mission to change banking. We’re passionate and nerdy about our work; in fact we’re kind of that way about things outside of work too.
Apply through our website at https://www.simple.com/careers
The National Psoriasis Foundation is seeking a motivated, organized individual for a paid internship to assist in public relations and social media efforts for a national health care nonprofit.
• Track and update Foundation media coverage daily and archive in the system.
• Write and distribute press releases, media alerts, public service announcements and media pitches.
• Assist various departments of the National Psoriasis Foundation (Special Events, Outreach, Research and Advocacy) and their volunteers and committees around the country on local PR for their events and programs.
• Develop media lists for various Psoriasis Foundation initiatives and help distribute media materials.
• Assist with social media monitoring and engagement on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other online platforms. Provide social media support for volunteers and staff.
• Follow news trends and research media outreach opportunities and potential story ideas.
• Actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a university PR, communications, journalism or marketing program. Current students must have at least a junior standing.
• Knowledge of public relations/communications practices. Interest in nonprofit or health care PR a plus.
• Solid knowledge of English grammar and punctuation (prefer knowledge of AP style.)
• Strong writing skills and ability to write clearly and effectively.
• Familiarity with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) tactics and monitoring.
• Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team, take initiative and follow guidelines.
• Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the Internet.
• Available to work 15-20 hrs/week, Monday-Friday for a minimum 3-month commitment.
The National Psoriasis Foundation is the world’s largest nonprofit organization serving people with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Our mission is to drive efforts to cure psoriatic disease and improve the lives of those affected. To apply for internship, please send your resume, cover letter and two work samples to: HR, National Psoriasis Foundation, 6600 SW 92nd Ave, Suite 300, Portland, OR 97223, Fax 503.245.0626, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content Creation: Plan and create daily content for ImpactFlow’s company blog and social media platforms. Measure and optimize the content based on analytics. Work closely and collaboratively with the marketing team to define the strategy and provide content about product features, tutorials, and write landing page copy strategically. Collaborate with marketing team to edit and/or write native advertising content.
Social Media Management: Develop and implement a social media strategy that drives growth, engagement and virality on each ImpactFlow channel. Ensure a strong social media presence for ImpactFlow.com (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram) by steering the efforts of a small group of authors/collaborators, monitoring analytics, and directing campaigns. Manage contributors and bloggers that submit content. Identify key influencers and maintain engagement while creating a memorable user experience.
Community Engagement: Establish, own and drive a strategic internal and external communications strategy that positively affects donors, sponsors, and nonprofits understanding, engagement and commitment with the result of an even stronger connection to ImpactFlow. Engage with the community in local markets to identify and uncover compelling stories that represent the unique members and experiences within the ImpactFlow community. Pitch to media contacts and secure placement to support new launches and events. Manage a calendar of partner activities (including events). Attend community events & other industry events to evangelize the ImpactFlow brand.
3+ years of experience in a similar role (marketing or related field preferred)
Experience using one or more of the following tools: Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Jive, and Lithium
Track record of creating smart viral content.
Previous professional examples of content creation required; blogging, writing samples that speak to inspiring, member-centric storytelling
Outgoing and competitive entrepreneurial spirit with a love for problem solving
Willingness to take the initiative to build up an organization’s presence in emerging markets
Demonstrated ability to learn new trends and social media platforms and to apply changes in the social sphere to overall strategy
Advanced knowledge of how to create SEO-friendly content
Familiarity with MailChimp, Photoshop, basic HTML, and video editing software desired
Creative enough to think outside the box but rigorous enough to structure and execute your own processes.
Full health and dental
Stock options, after 3 months
Relaxed work environment with comfy couches and lots of sunlight
Regular company lunches + snacks
Send a cover letter, resume, links to campaign examples, or writing samples to email@example.com
• Develops and writes public relations plans and strategies for client.
• Develops good relationships with local media representatives.
• Is continuously involved in crisis management communication as it involves the McDonald’s client or QSR category, or anything impacting the business.
• Prepares all communications materials for the implementation of PR programs for client.
• Assists in handling special projects (including promotional events), social/community relations, and new business presentations as necessary.
• Assists in selecting outside vendors used to support public relations programs and reviews their materials with supervisor.
• Makes/maintains editorial contacts to assure appropriate editorial exposure for client.
• Approves/expedites client billings.
• Maintains contact minutes, accurate business records, budgeting controls, and billing.
• Is involved in the client’s business through contacts and discussions with as many
management-level people in the client’s organization as possible.
• Assists in organizing and presenting public relations presentations.
• Stays alert to opportunities to increase client activity.
The qualified candidate must have 3-5 years of agency and/or corporate public relations management experience. Additional requirements include:
• A college degree in public relations, marketing or journalism
• Experience with media relations and understanding of digital & social media
• Strong writing, content management and presentation skills
• Experience in crisis management and marketing communications
• A demonstrated appreciation of client service and accountability
• Ability to work in a team environment with a sense of urgency.
• QSR/Beverage/CPG/Retail category experience a plus.
• Knowledge of advertising agency or creative production helpful
Candidates should submit resumes directly to: Nicole Levitt firstname.lastname@example.org
Maxwell PR is currently hiring for two positions – a Senior Account Executive and a Digital Coordinator.
Full position details, requirements and application materials can be found here: http://www.maxwellpr.com/join-our-team
PR and Communications Manager – Catholic Community Services
In conjunction with the Executive Director generate, plan and implement integrated communications initiatives for Catholic Community Services of the Mid-Willamette Valley & Central Coast, its workforce, board of directors, programs and affiliates, and CCS Foundation, its workforce, board of directors, programs and affiliates.
Generates, develops, monitors, and manages communications strategy, messaging and message delivery, work plans, and budgets, to support department mission. Manages major projects and provides guidance to direct reports, vendors, and contracted professionals.
Essential Position Functions and Key Work Processes
1. Brand Management: Works closely with the Executive Director and the Brand Management Team to develop and deliver effective messaging to workforce, board members, community partners, volunteers and donors that helps create caring relationships and connection that are mutually satisfying.
2. Artistic Direction: Generates and directs the production and implementation of integrated communications initiatives, events, projects and materials including print, electronic and broadcast media, grass-roots marketing and public relations projects for CCS, its programs and affiliates, and CCS Foundation.
3. Event Management: serve as event planning and management team lead, providing leadership and quality assurance for donor events and other assigned events.
4. Department Database Administration: assure complete and accurate functionality of eTapestry database and reporting systems
5. Organization Web Presence: Develops and maintains all digital media presence for the Organization as a whole, including but not limited to; website, social media, etc.
6. Supervises the work of skilled individuals and vendors essential to the department mission including graphic designers, writers, website developers and designers, videographers, photographers, printers, public relations specialists, administrative professionals.
7. Stays current on emerging trends in the communications field and implements as appropriate.
8. Assures communications compliance with CCS and CCSF mission, philosophy, and values, COA, funders, and the Catholic Charities Code of Ethics.
1. B.A. in communications, graphic design, public relations, or related fields or combination of education and experience.
2. Demonstrated competence in communications management and administration including planning, development, and implementation of initiatives.
3. Demonstrated competence in project management.
4. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
5. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
6. Ten years related work experience in communications planning and implementation is desired.
Interested Individuals can apply at: https://rew31.ultipro.com/CAT1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=667
Insitu is a leading high-tech autonomous systems company driven by a culture of agility and systematic improvement. Since 1994 Insitu has led in the design, development and production of small autonomous aircraft for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS). We currently produce and sell an ever growing fleet of Unmanned Aircraft Systems that are low-cost, long-endurance, and have low personnel requirements. These UASs provide a no-runway launch, unprecedented stabilized day and night video for ISR, robotic flight control, and a no-nets capture.
As we continue our rapid growth in the UAS/UAV market we are looking for experienced talent to help us achieve our goal of maintaining the agile and innovative problem-solving capabilities in all the products we offer.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge – Skills & Abilities Required:
Effective Written Communications: 6-9 years experience in utilizing different communication materials (e.g., proposals, papers, user guides, reports, articles, promotional materials, brochures, web sites, presentations, speeches) to satisfy a variety of customer requirements and environments.
Business Writing: Ability to write clear, compelling prose. Ability to apply knowledge of fundamental writing skills to various communication materials such as speeches, news releases, news and feature articles, promotional materials, brochures, web communications, briefings, and technical communications, video scripts and presentations.
Communications Planning: Ability to create communications plans, strategies, and tactics.
Editing Fundamentals: Experience with editing processes, practices, techniques, editing marks, reference materials, and tools.
Establishes/Manages Partnerships: Ability to establish partnerships and relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports. Ability to promote collaboration between individuals and teams to meet company objectives.
Investigative Interviewing: Prior working experience in effective interviewing techniques to extract both general and specific information, perspectives, and viewpoints from interviewees.
Media Relations: Knowledge of media industry behaviors, expectations, and requirements.
Presentation Skills/Techniques: Prior working experience in presentation techniques (e.g., posture, speaker’s relationship to audience, use of intonation and props, use of visual aids and pacing).
Research Methods: Knowledge of research tools (e.g., search engines, library databases), methods (e.g., search parameters), and appropriate resources (e.g., external experts) to gather needed data.
Education: 6-9 years related experience with a Bachelor’s degree OR 4-7 years related experience with a Master’s degree.